I intend this blog to be a mixture of my personal experiences with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and news related to MS. Hopefully, I can shed an optimistic light on MS even though it is difficult to be an optimist living with MS.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

100th Post!

This is my 100th post!  What a milestone!

Last Saturday was my local Walk MS - we had a great turnout and I was, again, reminded of just how blessed I am.  My husband, my parents, my boss, 2 co-workers/friends, and a high school friend all walked with me!  In addition, my high school friend, who is now a high school teacher and coach brought her varsity softball team out to walk AND they made t-shirts for our team!  It was so great to have so many friends/family supporting me by walking beside me!  I am constantly amazed at the incredible people in my life!  I have such a great family, great co-workers, and great friends who are always so supportive; I am truly blessed!  Also, my sister made a HUGE donation this year helping me reach my lofty $3000 fundraising goal!  Even though she lives too far away to walk with me, she is always super supportive of my efforts!  I also had a number of other great friends donate, helping me reach my goal - I am always overwhelmed at all of the support I get.  Sometimes I probably don't seem a appreciative as I am.  I am always trying to get people involved and raise as much as I can, and sometimes I don't always realize how burdensome that can be.  But, when I really reflect, I could not ask for more supportive friends and family.  Thank you to all who walked and thank you to all who donated!  I was able to surpass my personal fundraising goal and I think we will surpass our team fundraising goal (the totals are not final yet, but I am very confident)!  It means so much to me to raise money for research.  As all of my friends, family, and readers know, the ultimate goal is to end MS - to find a cure!  And we can do that, I really believe that!  I just hope that the cure comes within my lifetime!

Thanks to all who have supported me in all of the ways that you have!

1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed I couldn't make it out to walk with you this year, hopefully I can next year! So happy you surpassed your goal! You rock!

    ReplyDelete