I intend this blog to be a mixture of my personal experiences with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and news related to MS. Hopefully, I can shed an optimistic light on MS even though it is difficult to be an optimist living with MS.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Amazing Support

I have the most amazing support system!  I have a wonderful husband who has been very supportive and caring throughout this whole ordeal, from the diagnosis to my desire to be more involved with MS research/funding.  He is always understanding and he is always concerned about my well-being; it is nice to share my life with such a loving person.
My family is great!  My parents are so loving and supportive of everything I do (they always have been).  They offered to do the walk with me this year, which is awesome.  Plus my mom is helping me make contacts for possible corporate sponsors for the walk.  I know this has been hard on them, but they are always there for me no matter what and that is pretty amazing.  My sister is a problem-solver, so when I told her about my diagnosis, she immediately started thinking of what we needed to do to "combat" this and to get more involved.  She has been so incredibly supportive and generous - she forwarded my request for fundraising contributions to some people she knows which generated over $100 in donations thus far.  Her friends are pretty awesome, I got some very nice messages from them along with their donations.  I am so grateful to have such a great sister.  My brothers are there for me no matter what, I know all I have to do is ask!  They are the best and I know they would do anything for me.  The same goes for my sister-in-law and soon to be sister-in-law; they both are very caring and supportive!  I couldn't ask for a better family.
On top of a great family, I have wonderful friends!  One of my friends is going to fly to Wichita, KS from Chicago over the weekend of Walk MS to walk with me!  How cool is that!  All of my friends are always there for me - I know I can always count on them to listen or help me out in any way that they can.  I am not always the best at keeping in touch with people, but I have such great friends that it doesn't matter - they are like family to me.  I know that they are always there for me and I hope that they all know that I would do anything for them.
I also have a great extended network of people who I know care about me.  I have great co-workers.  Also, family members of my friends and family, plus my family members' friends are all so supportive.  It is so amazing to know that so many people care about me. 
I am so lucky and I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the amazing people in my life that have made dealing/coping with my diagnosis so much easier.
I know that not everyone is so lucky, which is why I hope that this blog reaches others with MS.  I want to do whatever I can to be there for others who are struggling with MS.

1 comment:

  1. Chels, you're such an amazing friend, I didn't have to think twice about walking with you. I know first hand how MS can be, and I want you to know that if you ever need anything I'm here for you! I think it's great how involved you're becoming, and I really think you will make a difference!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete