I intend this blog to be a mixture of my personal experiences with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and news related to MS. Hopefully, I can shed an optimistic light on MS even though it is difficult to be an optimist living with MS.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Random Blogging

This is going to be a somewhat random post of a few different topics that I think are worthy.  :) 

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who has read my blog; I have noticed a significant increase in page views and followers lately and I am so happy that people find my blog worthy enough to read!  It means so much to me that people are reading; I just hope that I can provide valuable information to those who are reading.

I also want to thank everyone who participates in Walk MS and Bike MS.  A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that one of my best friends started a Walk MS team in the Chicago area and a number of people that I went to college with have joined the team.  I also learned that another friend from college, who participates in Bike MS, is riding (at least in part) on my behalf this year!  In addition to these amazing people, my parents, husband and friend/roommate from college will be walking with me on April 16th!  It means so much to me that people would contribute their time and efforts to walk on my behalf (I understand that many people walk on behalf of others, but just the idea that people are supporting me is so moving).  I am constantly in awe of every one's support and generosity, it blows me away to know that so many people care.

 

Update time:  Still feeling pretty good overall.  I played volleyball again this week and had no flare ups!  I did, however, begin noticing some slight numbness in my toes again and I also felt the beginnings of left-hand numbness again.  None of the numbness is back in full force at this time though, so that is good!  I have been exercising more regularly, which is good.  I have noticed, however, that I get tingly and the L'Hermittes acts up when I go on walks (inside, in the basement, and outside, with the dog).  It is strange, these symptoms seem to be worse when we go on walks outside.  I also find it strange that my walking causing symptoms, but playing volleyball does not.  I don't know what to make of this, but none of the symptoms are bad enough to worry too much about right now.  When I do have flare ups during/after walking, they go away after I rest and cool down.  Can't really complain about these minor symptoms.



Recently, I discovered a fellow MS Blogger, who is detailing her experiences on the new oral therapy, Gilenya.  Her story is quite exciting, her condition seems to have improved significantly since starting Gilenya.  Anyone wanting more information about Gilenya or thinking about starting Gilenya should read her blog!  For her account of how Gilenya is helping, go to http://gilenya-girl.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I found out somebody I knew was doing an event for MS earlier this year. They didn't even know I had it. That was quite humbling.
    ...the oral therapy? I just don't know. I'm so tired of getting my hopes up to just be let down all over again. But I will check out her blog. Thanks for the heads up. Nicole

    ReplyDelete