I intend this blog to be a mixture of my personal experiences with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and news related to MS. Hopefully, I can shed an optimistic light on MS even though it is difficult to be an optimist living with MS.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Broken Promise

I know I promised that my next post would be more about future therapies, but I am going to break that promise right now (hence the post title).  There are a couple of things that I really need to tell you right now.

Number 1:  I played volleyball for the first time since my diagnosis and it went over very well!!!  This is very exciting for me!  I played volleyball in college and it has always been a passion of mine and a big part of my life.  From April to September last year, before I was diagnosed, I felt so off that I was unsure of my ability to be active (aside from walking and even that was difficult at times).  And since my diagnosis, I have experienced numbness in my feet and legs almost constantly which has made me feel a little uneasy about playing sports - I feared that I would twist an ankle or something but would be numb enough to not realize what had happened (may sounds silly, but that is how I felt).  Lately, however, I have been feeling pretty well, I still have some slight numbness and the L'Hermittes still bothers me, but overall I have been feeling better than I have since last April.  So, I was invited to sub in on a team and I felt up to the challenge, so I played and am happy to report that, while I am a little rusty on the court, I was able to play and the team I played with won!

Number 2:  If you download iTunes and/or shop online, you should really go through iGive.  I know I talked about this before in the "More Ways to Help" post, but I was looking at the site more and realized that iTunes is included in their "stores."  I think this is awesome because SO many people use iTunes.  I know quite a few people shop online these days too, but how easy would it be to go through iGive before buying a song.  It doesn't cost you anything and 2% of your purchase goes toward helping the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  I realize that 2% of 99 cents isn't that much, but if 100 people buy 15 songs per month (at 99cents each) on iTunes, that would add up to over $350 per year.  Every little bit helps, so please consider using iGive for your iTunes purchases and other online shopping (they have a lot of great stores, including Amazon.com, Bloomingdale's, Crate & Barrel, DSW, eBay, Home Depot, J.Crew, Kodak Gallery, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy, Toys R Us, Victoria's Secret and much much more!).  To learn more, visit this website. Then start using iGive to benefit the NMSS!!!

Next post will be more on the Future Therapies (I won't break my promise again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment