I intend this blog to be a mixture of my personal experiences with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and news related to MS. Hopefully, I can shed an optimistic light on MS even though it is difficult to be an optimist living with MS.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Teleconference

Good thing my husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Sunday!  Our actual Valentine's Day was spent listening to the National MS Society's (NMSS) Teleconference Clinical Trials and Research on the Horizon and then watching K-State beat KU in basketballThe teleconference included a lot of information in a short amount of time.  The speaker, Dr. Mattson, provided about 35 - 40 minutes worth of information on everything from research to find the cause of MS, ABCR drug therapies, Gilenya (the oral drug available), CCSVI, other medications in the works, Vitamin D, to the Walking Pill.  With so many topics to cover in such a short period of time, his information was pretty generalized because he did not have time to go into depth on any one topic.  However, I did learn about what is up and coming, so now I can do my own research regarding all of that.  Soon, I will provide you with a summary of what I did learn from last night's teleconference, then I will do my own research about these topics and report back.

There is another teleconference tonight put on by Shared Solutions called "Latest Updates."  It is also about current research.  I am going to try to listen in on that one, then I can report back on all I have learned from these teleconferences at one time.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment